Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Gender Spectrum

Here's something a lot shorter than my last post! On the topic of gender fluidity and spectrums, here's a video I found a year ago that really crystallized for me the idea of there being not only two polar opposite genders, but a continuous scale, like a Mobius strip, on which people fall. Until I saw this video, I didn't really understand the concept of there being many genders, probably because I had only had it explained to me in academic settings via rhetorically dense and difficult to understand essays and articles. Here, though, Chase explains very well and very simply his own experiences with the gender spectrum. I highly recommend his YouTube channel, as he documents his experiences being on and off T in a very honest and interesting manner. I hope you enjoy:

"why i stopped t."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSAqVa-NltQ

(For those of you who aren't familiar, "T" is short for testosterone, which can be injected by prescription into individuals who wish to transition from female to male (FTM)).

No comments:

Post a Comment